Shower Filter from Premier Research Labs
Premier Shower Filter Features:
- Converts chlorine into a harmless soluble chloride
- Crystalline quartz for energy enhanced shower "feel" and better lathering
Key Benefits of a Shower Filter:
- Healthier, younger looking skin
- Softer, more manageable hair
- Reduces fading of color treated hair
- Relief from dry skin and scalp
- Improved lathering and sudsing
- Removes 90% or more of free chlorine
- Great for those with chlorine sensitivity
Chlorinated Water and Unknown Hazards of the Shower
There is another side to the chlorine-water story. When we return from a gym workout, a jogging session or a game of squash, not only are we thirsty but we usually shower or bathe. We have been taught that cleanliness and health go together, and indeed they do, when chemical-free water is used. When chlorinated water is used, however, bathing may be much less healthy than we ever supposed.
What's Wrong With Chlorine?
Chlorine, #17 on the Periodic Table of Elements, is, by itself, a yellow-green poisonous gas. It is an inorganic element that cannot exist by itself in nature but needs to bond to another element, the most common being sodium, hence, sodium-chloride or salt.
In fact, commercial chlorine is produced by sending an electrical charge through a salt water solution, disrupting the bond between chlorine and sodium. The free chlorine is then captured and used for numerous household and industrial applications.
About 180 years ago, scientists, while researching the prevention of typhoid in the water supply, discovered that chlorine, bonding to organic substances, such as bacteria, killed it and rendered the water potable. Because of the corrosive effect chlorine had on organic matter, it was used as a horrendously effective weapon during World War One. By nature, the gas, which is heavier than air, stayed close to the ground and destroyed the soldier's lungs. Today, chlorine is still used as the primary method for disinfecting municipal water supplies, swimming pools and whitening laundry.
Chlorine's attraction to, and corrosion of organic material doesn't end at the bacteria in the water. Chlorine also attacks your hair, skin and lungs, as they are organic as well. Chlorine can leave your hair dry and brittle and make your skin flaky and itchy. It can also trigger negative reactions in children, the elderly and people with chlorine-sensitivity.
Studies have shown that for health reasons it is best to remove chlorine from drinking water. Why not do the same with your shower and bath water?
Stop Showering In Chlorine!
- High quality name-brand shower heads come standard. No head models are also available.
- Works wonderfully with hand-held shower kits
- Polyester filter element enhances cartridge performance through sediment removal
- Installs in minutes - no special tools or professional help required
- Replaceable cartridges last 6-9 months